Edit Assistant Role Description
As part of the IO team you will need to be technically minded, thorough and organised with excellent communication skills.
This is a technical role within the IO team, managing the technical side of offline and online editing for short form AV.
Some projects can have fast turn arounds so you need to able to work well under pressure with tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality and standard of work.
You will be responsible for
- Downloading, importing and checking new assets
- Setting up and organising new projects within in Avid
- Online finishing and full QC process
- Encoding deliverables to various formats including Broadcast, Cinema, Video on Demand and Social
- Creating viewing links for clients and producers
- Communicating regularly with editors and producers
- Managing the shared drive system and backing up old projects
- Maintaining and updating website with latest releases
- Assisting in upkeep and upgrading production hardware and software
- Problem solving and assisting with workflow recommendations
Training will given to the right candidate but experience and qualities we are looking for:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Motivated to develop your technical knowledge
- Organisation throughout your work e.g ability to organise projects for efficient editing. Recognising and following the correct workflows
- An interest in the technical side of post production e.g understanding different video formats, enjoying trying to problem solve and find solutions to any technical issues within Avid
- A knowledge of Avid Media Composer, a basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite a bonus
- An eye for detail in your work. From noticing errors in videos to spelling mistakes in QC
If this sounds like you, please send your CV to email@example.com